I am glad you have found your way here...
I would like to welcome you to my website. I'm Gloria Valdivieso, a licensed psychotherapist in private practice with offices in the Weston Florida area. I have designed the site to convey who I am and my therapeutic style, focus and training, to discuss how I might address specific problems, to answer your questions, and also to share my belief in the power of psychotherapy and the therapeutic relationship. Every one of us has the innate capacity to heal, but since human beings are essentially social creatures, our healing can't be done alone. To truly move beyond those issues that hold us back, we must share our pain with someone that we trust.
If you are seeking therapy, you are probably frustrated. You might have talked to friends and family about your struggles. But the problems still persist. Or maybe your situation is getting worse.
I would like to help you address the underlying patterns that keep you from getting what you need. Some of the issues I might be able to help you with are:
- Disfunctional or intergenerational patterns in relationships
- The aftermath of traumatic experiences or childhood abuse
- Anxiety and Panic
- Depression and mood fluctuations
- Self esteem and and self worth
- Shame and self sabotage
- Phobias and impulse control
- Anger Management
- Life Transitions-how to best handle a new relationship, new job, a divorce, unemployment or a loss